Monday, March 7, 2011

I created a Windows Service!

windows service i created
I have wanted to do it for some time.Today it was on my 'to do list'.Armed with my Visual Studio 2008,I embarked on search for the easiest tutorial on how to go about creating a simple windows service in C# and found one simple one at this URL http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article1095-creating-a-windows-service-using-csharp-.aspx. I created the service,learnt how to install it and re-did it on my own to achieve various thoughts and ideas that I had.I also realised that for Visual Studio, one has to add a global variable path for installutil at this path C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 in order to be able to install the service after building the projectinstaller.cs Now I want to develop more meaningful windows services that can be put into real productive use and especially ones that can connect to various databases including MySQL,MSSQL and all other industry production databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment