Monday, March 14, 2011

Office drama on a Friday

I should have typed this on Friday but then I did not want to give so much hype to the incidence.It is some minutes after 10 AM on Friday 11th March 2011 and everyone is in a rush to dash to the office kitchen to get some tea..As always Fridays have a way of making people happy,free and looking up to the weekend.To make it even more easy for most of us who get intimidated by big figures of authority,there was an internal meeting and most of the big guns were attending the meeting implying that we were in command.

Once in the kitchen I reached out for some cakes that my friend and I had arranged to be delivered for us in the office.They were like 9 of them and the sharing spirit in me inspired me to like share them amongst my workmates.At this juncture I picked up 1 from the pack and went straight to Esther."This one is for you dear," I said. She looked at it then just decided not to pick it.I followed her and insisted that she should have it but again she refused.I hadn't noticed that there was some silence in the kitchen when I decided to place the cake on her shoulder as she was leaning on the wall when I heard the CEO say,"So you were all waiting for me to go?"

I couldn't believe that I had gotten so busted placing a cake on someone's shoulder by the CEO.I wished Esther had accepted the offer and I wouldn't have gotten this embarrassed.I slid back to my seat and couldn't even do a second cake with my tea now cold.I hurriedly finished and went back to my workstation and stayed muted for the entire day and hoped not to get a warning e-mail or something close to that.

The weekend ahead had seemingly looked damp but the tempo climaxed on Saturday evening after my favourite European English team,Manchester united beat Arsenal 2-0.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! How comes i hadn't seen this narration all these days. 10/Nil...

    And yes..you should have mention who was named out from the cloud of nine....Bunny!

    Of importance now is that the cake is still waited for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit happens, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best work you have done, this online website is cool with great facts and looks. I have stopped at this blog after viewing the excellent content. I will be back for more qualitative work. Corporate catering company Manchester

    ReplyDelete